Frequently asked questions



What brand of watercolours/gouache are you using? 

For my watercolour illustrations I use a mix of Holbein and Winsor & Newton watercolour from tubes. I put these on a metal palette and mix from there. For gouache I use Talens, Holbein and Winsor & Newton.

Which paper do you prefer using for your illustrations?

I use Arches hot pressed watercolour paper and once in a while switch to Fabriano or other local paper brands like Schut Terschelling. 

What brushes do you use and for what purpose?

For brushes I use a wide range of types and sizes, but the most frequently used ones are my Van Gogh round brush size 10 for bigger areas and base colouring, a Winsor & Newton Series 7 Finest Sable size 1 and Daler Rowney Graduate liner size 10/0 for details and line work.

Do you sell your work?

At this moment I do not sell my work in form of prints or cards, but I have plans for it in the future. If you like to know if and when this will happen I recommend you to keep an eye out on my Instagram or Facebook page where I post more frequently. If your interested in purchasing an original art piece, just let me know which one you like and we can figure something out! If you rather have something more personal, like a commissioned piece, you can always send me a note and I will see what I can do for you!

Can I hire you for commissions or freelance work?

Sounds great! Please email me about the details.

Where do you work from? Do you have your own studio?

I work from home in my "home studio" in our tiny red house on a hill next to the forest. I love being close by nature, and often take tiny breaks to take a trip to the forest.